Who we are:
The Council of Churches in Zambia (CCZ) is an ecumenical umbrella organization of Christian churches that seeks to promote cooperation and fellowship between Christian churches and organizations in the nation.
The Council therefore seeks to bring together its membership and stakeholders for consultation and discussions in an effort to help form an enlightened Christian opinion on all issues affecting the spiritual, social and physical well being of Zambians.
The vision of the Council of Church in Zambia is to have a transformative impact on church and society with regards to Christian unity and human dignity.
The Council of Churches in Zambia serves as an ecumenical organization to strengthen Christian unity and to promote social justice, peace and development. This holistic ministry for human dignity to member churches, organizations, and to the people of Zambia is achieved through facilitation, advocacy, capacity-building, and networking to the glory of the triune God.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
All activities of the Council of Churches in Zambia seek to be expressions of the following fundamental values and convictions:
- A confessions of Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- A holistic focus on the human being and human well-being: spiritual, physical and social.
- An inclusive vision of the Christian ecumenical ministry: the promotion of the Christian faith and unity, as well as social justice, peace and community development.
- A multi-dimensional notion of ecumenical service and programmes including leadership, facilitation, co-ordination, advocacy, capacity-building, consultation, networking and lobbying.
- Sensitivity to the needs and satisfaction of stakeholders: member churches and organizations and partner churches and ecumenical organizations.
- A specific work-ethos and organizational culture characterized by compassion, commitment and discipline, professionalism and efficiency, integrity and accountability, and continuous quality improvement.